Become a Multiplier Project
We review new applications on a rolling basis. The timeline from first inquiry through due diligence to final project approval is usually 3-4 weeks total.Is your project a good match for Multiplier? Successful projects share the following traits:
- A game-changing approach to regional, national or international impact. Or if the project is currently only local in scope, a plan to scale or replicate beyond the local community focus.
- Devoted leadership that lives and breathes the mission of the project 24/7/365.
- Experience with leading a start-up organization, or with product or program development.
- Strong prospects for raising at least $100,000 in Year 1 and an achievable fund development plan.
- A desire to tap into our accelerator services – program development, fundraising advisory, communications advisory, leadership development, and growth and capacity-building supports.
- If transferring from another entity, well-established early program success as an embedded program of a mission-aligned nonprofit, umbrella organization, or prior fiscal sponsorship.
- Step One: Determine eligibility.Your project should meet all of the following criteria:
- Focus on one or more of the following areas: Healthy Planet and People; Sustainable, Equitable Economies; Secure Natural Resources; Resilient Communities.
- Need philanthropic funding from donations, grants or other funds that require a tax-exempt nonprofit status.
- Have a clear program mission and strategy.
- Have a preliminary program implementation plan and a budget that supports your plan.
- Have a well-researched funding plan to raise the money you need for your budget.
- Not already be a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Step Two: Contact us.Send a brief introductory email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Tell us how you heard about us. Did someone refer you directly? If so, please tell us who so that we can thank them!
- Give us a quick summary of your project and why you think Multiplier might be a good match.
- Share your timeline for choosing the best place for your project to land. If there is any time sensitivity or urgency, please alert us to that as well.
- Provide us with any public links or attach any relevant information that could give us an “at-a-glance” sense of your work.
- Step Three: We'll schedule a video conference and discuss next steps. Once we’ve received your inquiry, we’ll get back in touch with you within 3-5 business days to schedule a preliminary phone conversation. If, after that conversation, it sounds like there is a good match, we’ll invite you to formally apply and set a timeframe for next steps.
[ top of page ]