Oakland Office – however currently remote work due to shelter-in -place
Multiplier’s mission is to accelerate impact for initiatives focused on protecting and fostering a healthy, sustainable, resilient and equitable world. Growing threats to our planet and its people require holistic solutions, both locally and globally. The projects in our portfolio span a broad array of cross-sector strategies in land and ocean conservation, public health, education and leadership, economic development, clean energy, climate resilience, sustainable food systems, energy efficiency, social and environmental equity, and more.
We are seeking a colleague to join our downtown Oakland-based team in the newly created position of Benefits Manager and Human Resources Generalist and we are poised to hire immediately. Reporting jointly to Multiplier’s Finance Director and Director of Human Resources and Leadership Development, the Benefits Manager and Human Resources Generalist will “own” benefits administration and the life cycle of onboarding new employees, maintaining organization-wide human resources compliance, and managing payroll related updates for our fast-growing team of 120+ employees.
- Benefits Administration – With the support of Multiplier’s Director of Human Resources and Leadership Development, become the master guru of all manner of benefits that Multiplier offers, educate new employees during onboarding, and enroll according to their selections.
- Payroll – Together with Multiplier’s Finance Director, prepare and process payroll changes (new employee, compensation changes, unpaid time, final pay and vacation payout, severance, bonuses, bereavement, Covid-related time off, other changes) in advance of payroll submission.
- New Employee Recruitment & Hiring Support – Support and grow Multiplier’s recruitment pipeline for new talented candidates by creating and finalizing new position announcements, posting them, and whittling down the pool of applicants to streamline the interview process.
- Broad Human Resources Responsibilities – Prepare Human Resources letters for changes in FTE, salary, or labor law issues. Maintain accurate payroll and benefits data into the HRMS (BambooHR) for all new employees, changes and terminations. Create and update compensation grids to support Human Resources planning and recruitment and to support salary and benefits data for grant proposals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You care about our planet and our future and you want to work in an environment that inspires you and others to action every day. You feel gratified by helping very busy and inspiring social entrepreneurs understand their complex benefits in a way that makes them feel empowered to access them. You are a creative problem-solver, can geek out on complex payroll-related calculations, but also thrive when connected to a larger team. You are level-headed, industrious, and efficient, yet comfortable with not always knowing the answer and use inquiry to help you explore options and guide others. You possess excellent communication skills, and are patient, authentic and kind. You have high emotional intelligence and a low drama factor. You are a confident, easy-going Human Resources generalist who is ready to deepen your impact in the world and find your perch with a strong and dedicated team.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUESTED:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a benefits management role for an organization that has 50 or more employees.
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, experiences, and background to this position, lending his/her/their flair to the trajectory of Multiplier. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills including VLOOKUPs, pivot tables and other formulas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to serve internal customers with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to proactively solve complex issues and business requirements
- Ability to act in a professional manner and use appropriate judgment on sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to multitask, quickly assess and resolve issues, while translating complex information into concise and understandable terms
Multiplier provides a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary ($55-$65K), excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous vacation and sick leave policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. First screening will start July 29th. Send us your résumé and cover letter to “BMHRG@multiplier.org” with “Benefits Manager and Human Resources Generalist” in the subject line explaining why you are interested in this position and also Multiplier and its mission. Please describe your relevant experience, qualifications, and include your salary requirements. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.”
Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.