Oakland,CA Office – however currently remote work due to shelter-in-place
Multiplier’s mission is to accelerate impact for initiatives focused on protecting and fostering a healthy, sustainable, resilient and equitable world. Growing threats to our planet and its people require holistic solutions, both locally and globally. The projects in our portfolio span a broad array of cross-sector strategies in land and ocean conservation, public health, education and leadership, economic development, clean energy, climate resilience, sustainable food systems, energy efficiency, social and environmental equity, and more.
We are seeking a colleague to join our downtown Oakland-based team in the newly created position of Contracts, Grants and Compliance Senior Manager and we are poised to hire immediately. Reporting to Multiplier’s Grants and Contract Director, the Contracts, Grants and Compliance Senior Manager’s primary role is to work collaboratively to provide Multiplier and our projects with strong stewardship and oversight of grant funding; consistent procurement and vendor relations management; and broad organizational support for Multiplier’s compliance and risk management functions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Contracting – Responsible for all contracting activity with vendors and independent contractors for Multiplier’s core administration needs and for Multiplier’s projects’ needs.
- Grants – Working closely with Multiplier’s Grant and Contracts Director, shepherd time-sensitive required submissions to finalize governmental and foundations awards and contracts.
- Compliance – Lead and own the management of state registrations and compliance, including registered agents, charitable fundraising registrations, annual state reports, and foreign qualifications.
- Risk Management – Working closely with Multiplier’s core leadership team, serve as Multiplier’s internal risk management lead, staffing Multiplier’s internal risk management oversight committee and actively identifying opportunities for enhanced protections to ensure that Multiplier is effectively managing organizational-level risk.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You care about our planet and our future and you want to work in an environment that inspires you and others to action every day. You thrive on taking ownership of myriad projects that come your way and being able to complete each one with methodical tenacity. You are a comfortable, analytical thinker who is competent when interacting with varying levels of internal/external stakeholders: staying focused and on-point, and are able to raise challenges in a productive manner in order to gain thoughtful resolution. You are also an energetic self-starter, skilled multi-tasker, creative problem solver and collaborative team player. You have high emotional intelligence and a low drama factor. You want to be a part of a cohesive and diverse team of co-workers that has a strong reputation for excellence.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUESTED:
- 3-5 years of work experience in contracting, procurement, project management, risk management, or a regulatory field
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, experiences, and background to this position, lending his/her/their flair to the trajectory of Multiplier. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- Background in business operations, contracting, purchasing, project management, and/or risk management
- Knowledge and experience in drafting contractual terms and language
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to meet the needs of various audiences
- Highly competent in database administration, reporting, and deadline tracking.
- Detail oriented, to ensure high quality, timely, accurate work products and to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Good at negotiating and navigating bureaucratic systems
Multiplier provides a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive starting salary ($75-$85K), excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous vacation and sick leave policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. First screening will begin on July 29th. Send us your résumé and cover letter to “CGCSM@multiplier.org“ with “Contracts, Grants and Compliance Senior Manager” in the subject line explaining why you are interested in this position as well as Multiplier’s mission. Please describe your relevant experience, qualifications, and include your salary requirements. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.