JOB TITLE: Council Director
TIME/STATUS: Full-time employee
COMPENSATION: Competitive range based on experience level with a range between $100K – $125K
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Billions of people use digital technology as the primary portal through which they live, learn, and even love. As a result, the direction of technology will profoundly impact our individual and collective well-being at all levels.
Mobius supports tech leaders to put the well-being of humanity at the center. We identify compassionate and brave leaders at major tech companies and provide them with access to:
- The Mobius Collective: Intimate and action-oriented communities of mission-aligned tech leaders who support each other to create a world in which technology brings out the best in humanity.
- The Mobius Council: A network of the world’s experts on well-being who advise on tech products and strategy, spanning from senior spiritual teachers such as Jack Kornfield and Sharon Salzberg to leading neuroscientists such as Dan Seigel and Richard Davidson.
We have big plans for 2020, and this role is a chance to catalyze bold changes within and across the most influential tech companies in Silicon Valley.
The Council Director will build Mobius alongside the Executive Director, with a particular focus on expanding and deepening our Mobius Council advising engagements. You will have the unique opportunity to co-create the position and help shape the direction of an organization that plays a vital role in the movement toward more ethical and humane technology. It is also a rare opportunity to work closely with and build a community of experts who are some of the wisest and most revered people on the planet caring for our collective well-being.
The Council Director will play a vital role in ensuring that Mobius’ advising engagements catalyze major shifts in the tech sector. The role requires a multi-faceted, entrepreneurial leader with the vision, motivation and “chutzpah” to expand and deepen efforts to improve the well-being of humanity at the largest tech companies in the world. Working with Mobius is also a unique opportunity to integrate spiritual practice, heart and wisdom into daily work life, both your own and within the tech sector.
You will co-create the specific goals and workplan with the rest of the Mobius team, however we expect that primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Craft and execute an overall strategic agenda for the Mobius Council advising engagements inside tech companies.
- Lead business development for advising engagements, including by cultivating and maintaining relationships with the most influential leaders in Silicon Valley.
- Expand and nurture a network of well-being experts with a wide range of wisdom, knowledge and life experiences that aren’t typically at the table in Silicon Valley.
- Manage advising engagements from end-to-end. This includes collecting lessons and measuring impact, then iterating and adapting based on what we learn.
- Serve as a thought leader and key player within the Mobius team.
- We’re a start-up, so be ready to roll up your sleeves, roll with the punches, and work on things that we can’t predict yet!
You are passionate (and optimistic) about the potential to shift the direction of tech to improve our individual and collective well-being. You are committed to social justice and to opening pathways for a much wider range of wisdom and knowledge to be at the table for the design of the technologies that are determining so much about the human experience. You are deeply driven by a desire to create a positive impact.
You have a big vision combined with the organizational skills and sense of direction needed for execution. You are a confident and skilled communicator and relationship-builder with an ability to easily garner trust that opens doors, including inside extremely complex and fast-moving institutions. You are comfortable with and can thrive in a start-up environment.
You are self-aware, perpetually curious, an energetic self-starter, skilled multi-tasker, creative problem-solver and a junkie for collaboration and communication. You understand the value of ancient wisdom and spiritual practice both in your personal life and in the work you feel called to do in the world. You want to show up as your full self and are excited to join a team that wants that too!
Additional Desired Experience:
- Previous work in the tech sector is a major plus.
- Consulting and/or client management.
- Business development and partnership-building.
- Understanding how to navigate and catalyze change within organizations.
- Coordinating collaborations across diverse sectors, perspectives, skills and life-experiences.
- Facilitation and/or curriculum development.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and with “Mobius Council Director” in the subject line. We encourage you to leverage the cover letter to demonstrate your approach. Please also tell us why you think you could be a great match, describe how this opportunity would fit into your current path, including details about your availability. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Multiplier is the fiscal sponsor for Mobius — they provide a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous vacation and sick leave policy.
Multiplier and Mobius celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Mobius are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Mobius prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.