Multiplier’s mission is to accelerate impact for initiatives focused on protecting and fostering a healthy, sustainable, resilient and equitable world. Growing threats to our planet and its people require holistic solutions, both locally and globally. The projects in our portfolio span a broad array of cross-sector strategies in land and ocean conservation, public health, education and leadership, economic development, clean energy, climate resilience, sustainable food systems, energy efficiency, social and environmental equity, and more.
We are seeking a colleague to join our downtown Oakland-based team in the newly created position of Director of Strategic Partnerships and we are poised to hire immediately. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be a multi-faceted, entrepreneurial leader with a clear charter to expand and grow the reputation of Multiplier and our projects as thought leaders, groundbreakers, and innovators.
We will co-create the specific annual goals and workplan with the incumbent Director, however we expect that primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Serving as a senior strategist charged with cultivating and scaling a network of innovative partners to strengthen our referral and program networks and amplify Multiplier’s impact.
- Proactively prospecting, networking, and building relationships with key influencers in a variety of arenas including the philanthropic and impact investment communities, key conservation and sustainability organizations, and other venues where innovators and thought leaders gather to share their game-changing ideas impact.
- Serving as a key internal consultant, coach and advisor to our team and our project leaders to help identify and leverage opportunities to collectively position us as thought leaders within our areas of focus.
The Ideal Candidate
You care about our planet and our future and you want to work in an environment that inspires you and others to action every day. You are a confident and skilled strategic communicator with finely tuned business development skills and a natural bias toward creating impact. You are a comfortable, self-assured ambassador with an ability to easily garner trust that paves the way to open doors. You are also self-aware, perpetually curious, an energetic self-starter, skilled multi-tasker, creative problem solver and collaborative team player. You have high emotional intelligence and a low drama factor. You want to be a part of a cohesive and diverse team of co-workers that has a strong reputation for excellence.
Additional Key Success Factors
- Collaborative consulting and/or client management experience and generalist leadership skills.
- Significant experience with business development or partnership-building and a track record of success.
- An ability and willingness to travel and flex your work schedule when needed to accommodate working across international time zones.
- Experience with leveraging technology to effectively and efficiently accomplish your goals.
- Comfort with and the ability to thrive in an open office environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary range for this full-time position is $80,000-$95,000 and is accompanied by a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, vision, dental, short- and long-term disability, voluntary life, commuter benefits and employer-matched retirement contributions. Intangible benefits include a highly collaborative work environment that is easily accessible via public transportation, a strong and well-respected team to support your work, flexible work hours and work-from-home opportunities.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director of Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line. We encourage you to leverage the application to demonstrate your approach and “door-opening skills” and inspire us to action. Please also tell us why you think you could be a great match, describe how this opportunity would fit into your current career trajectory, including details about your availability.
Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.