Conservify (Conservify.org) is an open conservation technology firm that empowers conservationists and communities to tackle environmental challenges by making effective conservation more accessible. Through the development of new technology built to disrupt the current market, Conservify is breaking new ground in the democratization of conservation activities and data.
As part of their mission to build an open conservation community, Conservify launched an innovative new product called FieldKit (fieldkit.org). The product is an open-source software and hardware sensor platform that optimizes data collection and sharing from the field. The product is low cost and easy to use, and aims to bridge the gap between hard science and storytelling by facilitating data narratives through engaging visualizations and built-in connections to social media. The first of its kind in the conservation space, it has the potential to revolutionize conservation technology.
Conservify is seeking a hands-on Part Time Fulfillment Specialist to help us to produce FieldKit products. This role includes order prep, fulfillment and shipment packing. The ideal candidate is curious and self-sufficient, has excellent time-management skills, careful attention to detail, and strong analytical, documentation and communication skills.
They are at once comfortable working independently and also as part of a team when necessary, proactively solving problems and communicating progress. They must have a passion for conservation technology, and engaging an enthusiastic open source community.
If you meet the below criteria and want to see your work impact positively on the environment and our planet’s natural treasures, then we want to speak with you. We value a diversity of backgrounds and expertise so if you’re confident in your ability to do the job, then we encourage you to apply.
Position to start immediately. Reports to Ally Fabale, Operations Manager at FieldKit.
- Fulfill and Pack orders
- Prep orders by batch packing hardware for kits
- Package computer boards along with the corresponding collateral
- Pick / Pack orders, ensure all components are included
- Weigh, and ensure appropriate stickers are adhered and prepped for pickup
- Assemble custom shipper boxes
- Fold custom boxes and all inserts so they’re ready to pack
- Assemble and install FieldKit cases
- Install PSA Gasket
- Make and install wake buttons (training onsite)
- Test Wake buttons
- In-house calibration
- Training onsite
- App testing
- Stocktake prepped materials
- Create/complete work orders in our manufacturing software for shipments completed
- Meticulous + Organized
- Must be able to pack, lift and move boxes
- Flexible with workload to accommodate changing priorities
- Comfortable balancing workload and prioritizing to hit deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and an openness to variety and trying new things
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have valid U.S. work authorization without the need for sponsorship by the company
- Keen interest in learning new skills
- Passionate about conservation, technology or both
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and this position is eligible for employer-matched retirement contributions.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fieldkit is a program of Multiplier https://multiplier.org/.
For more information about our work please visit http://conservify.org/core-projects/fieldkit/
We value and promote diversity in the workplace and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.