Graphic Designer [Mid-Senior, Part Time]
Conservify (Conservify.org) is an open conservation technology firm that empowers conservationists and communities to tackle environmental challenges by making effective conservation more accessible. Through the development of new technology built to disrupt the current market, Conservify is breaking new ground in the democratization of conservation activities and data.
As part of their mission to build an “open conservation” community, Conservify is currently developing an innovative new product called FieldKit. The product is an open-source software and hardware sensor platform that optimizes data collection and sharing from the field. The product is low cost and easy to use, bridging the gap between hard science and storytelling by facilitating data storytelling through engaging visualizations and built-in connections to social media. The first of its kind in the conservation space, it has the potential to revolutionize conservation technology.
Conservify is seeking a hands-on Graphic Designer with a deep understanding of web and mobile application design best practices, and a strong desire to build a best-in-class product that stands out in both form and function. The candidate must be comfortable wearing multiple hats, working across the board from high level art direction responsibilities through to full asset production. They should have a solid understanding of print design, as there may be occasions when print assets are required. A
familiarity with both code and also fabrication is preferable, due to the nature of the product spanning both software and hardware capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and a proactive problem-solver with excellent communication & organizational skills. They are confident meeting the deadlines of a fast-paced schedule and working with local and remote creative and technical teams, knowing when to drive plans and when to pivot for the best results.
They must have a passion for conservation technology, to learn and share knowledge with other team members, and to engage a passionate open source community. If you meet the below criteria and want to see your work impact positively on the environment and our planet’s natural treasures, then we want to speak with you. We value a diversity of backgrounds and expertise so if you’re confident in your ability to do the job, then we encourage you to apply.
Start date: Immediately*
Estimated Hours: 1-2 days per week
- Designs for print, web, and mobile applications. Art directs, develops and enforces the brand guidelines. Leads the web and mobile app UI and visual design, creating style frames, UI designs, clickable comp prototypes and wireframes, full template designs, as necessary. Creates graphic assets
- Owns artwork/visual style quality assurance. Tests final visual design after components have been built to ensure that it meets quality criteria
- Attends regular workshops and project meetings. Liaises with the creative, technical and fabrication teams. Mentors and manages junior freelance designers and animators, as necessary
- 3+ years proven experience leading fast-paced experience and visual design projects for web and mobile applications, as well as print
- Experience with relevant software – Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Google Docs, Keynote
- Strong portfolio with asset production and illustration samples
- Experience with coding
- Experience with fabrication processes
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
*Position is available for work from a home office in the following states unless otherwise specified:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia,
Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New
Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia,