- Title: Manager, Finance
- Location: Remote
- Travel: Travel is not required of this role, as it can be managed remotely. Should the individual hired for this role live in Northern California, there may be occasional local travel, to be reimbursed at the IRS standard mileage rate.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Kitchen Table Advisors works with small, sustainable farms and ranches and a community of their passionate supporters to provide the business guidance, support, and knowhow needed to grow a financially viable business. We believe that the leaders of our next generation of successful farm business owners should reflect the faces and cultures of the people who work cultivating our fields. We invest in the economic viability of a multi-racial next generation of sustainable small farms and ranches so they can serve as the foundation of stronger and healthier regional food systems. We are a growing team of fun-loving, committed sustainable food and farming champions who are leveraging their connections, expertise, and talents to make a real impact on the food system. By being a part of this growing nonprofit organization, your contributions will shape the future of our work.
Kitchen Table Advisors is a project of Multiplier, a nationally-recognized nonprofit headquartered in Oakland, California that accelerates impact for initiatives that protect and foster a healthy, sustainable, resilient, and equitable world (www.multiplier.org). The Manager, Finance will be an employee of Multiplier and play an important role in liaising between Kitchen Table Advisors (KTA) and Multiplier’s finance team.
This is a part-time position, approximately 25-30 hours per week, with potential for full-time during busy periods. It is a short-term, benefits-eligible position, anticipated to last approximately seven months, to support the Fiscal Health Circle (FHC – KTA’s internal finance team) in managing, organizing, verifying, and communicating KTA’s financial information.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for translating financial data received from Multiplier’s finance team into reports used for oversight and decision making at the project’s leadership and regional level. They will also support in streamlining KTA’s internal financial systems, grant tracking, and support FHC in developing processes and procedures that support staff compliance related to reporting and tracking. This role serves as general administrative support to the FHC. Additionally, the Finance Manager will play a key role in exploring financial impacts of transition with KTA leadership. The anticipated duration of this role is September – March 2023.
- Financial Data Management (60%)
- Coordinate with Fiscal Sponsor’s accounting point of contact.
- Collect, analyze, organize, and manipulate data downloads from Fiscal Sponsor’s accounting system into spreadsheets and reports that can be used for budgetary compliance and decision making.
- Ensure accuracy of data, including reconciling, verifying and flagging current trends, and forecasting future needs.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Supporting the creation of processes and procedures as they relate to financial reporting and overall improvement of financial practices.
- Assist with budgeting and auditing tasks.
- Staff Reporting and Tracking Support (25%)
- Train staff on new procedures such as timesheet coding for grants and expense report coding.
- With full organizational-wide support, verify procedural compliance at the staff level related to financial reporting.
- Liaise with KTA’s Director of People and Culture on incentivizing compliance with procedures.
- Administrative Support to FHC (15%)
- Perform regular and recurring administrative tasks that support the Fiscal Health Circle’s work.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You have superb interpersonal skills with the unique ability to translate complex financial information to multiple audiences with varying degrees of financial sophistication. You are a team player who enjoys coaching and leading others in a way that fosters creativity, teamwork, a commitment to excellence, and mutual respect. You have a reputation for honesty, fairness, and high ethical standards in all aspects of professional work. You are a person of high discipline, integrity, creativity, enthusiasm, and optimism with the desire and ability to empower others to expand their own financial literacy and management skills. A person with exceptional organizational skills, detail oriented, who has the natural ability to prioritize, plan, organize, meet deadlines. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to clearly document processes and systems. You have a natural ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality. You are a strong collaborator: comfortable working with others who possess a diversity of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience; naturally finds ways to upskill others.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUESTED:
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, experiences, and background to this position, lending his/her/their flair to the trajectory of the Manager, Finance role. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience managing accounting and/or financial systems in a business or nonprofit environment preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Solid experience in budget development and administration
- Experience building and reviewing financial statements
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite
- Intermediate skills using Excel/Google Sheets
- Familiarity using Pivot Tables
- Experience proofing complex spreadsheets
- Experience with grant tracking preferred
- Ability to work remotely, and with comfort communicating across platforms and media
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
Multiplier provides a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive pay ($40-$45 per hour), excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous vacation and sick leave policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit our Applicant Portal. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. First screening will occur on August 16th. Please include a cover letter in your application materials describing your relevant experience, qualifications, and interest in the position. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.