This is a new role for our Operations team and will be responsible for supporting data projects across the organization, and work collaboratively with the Fundraising, Communications, and Program teams to produce the reporting and systems development to generate financial resources for our annual operating budget, as well as mobilizing social resources that can directly support our clients and partners.
The Operations Manager, Resource Generation, will design system changes and upgrades within our CRM in order to best support the creation and execution of fundraising and communications campaigns, as well as donor and community engagement events. The Operations Manager, Resource Generation will hold a key liaison role around finance and donor management tools, as well as program data collection and analysis. They will work closely with their Program counterpart to ensure that departmental needs are being met, while designing effective operational systems across departments. They will also provide exceptional strategic, organizational, and administrative support for the Resource Generation team.
The Operations Manager, Resource Generation is responsible for managing the interrelated systems that support the organization’s resource generation objectives in alignment with Kitchen Table Advisors’ purpose, core values, and vision. Working under the leadership of the Operations Director, this position supports the Fundraising and Communications teams as a bridge to our Program team and selected outside vendors/partners to uncover opportunities for improved performance of our organization’s fundraising, communications and financial management processes and to ensure consistent standards across resource generation-related efforts.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems builder to apply their knowledge and skills in the service of a growing organization.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Collaborate with Resource Generation team to develop and refine systems (65%)
- Provide database administration support for KTA’s primary database, Salesforce, and supplemental support in other integrated platforms such as: Mailchimp and MightyCause. Some tasks will include:
- Create and maintain constituent records. Research and enter organization affiliation and contact information for partners, donors, and prospects.
- Keep the donor database synced, clean, and up to date.
- Work closely with our fiscal sponsor’s Finance team to manage our monthly reconciliation process, ensuring that all revenue – from online gifts, checks, pledges, and other forms of payment – are accurately tracked.
- Manage a third-party contractor to implement system improvements.
- Design and maintain reports to support the efforts of the Fundraising and Communications teams
- Support Fundraising and Communications teams with data analysis and outputs for grant applications and reporting, and external-facing communications, such as KTA’s annual report.
- Support Communications in the development of a performance evaluation process across multiple digital platforms (social media, website, email) to inform the creation of audience growth and engagement targets as well as the shaping of KTA’s storytelling strategy.
- Develop and refine standard operating procedures for departmental processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and system administrator for key platforms used by the Fundraising and Communications teams (e.g. email platform, online giving platform, Salesforce, project management), assessing ongoing efficacy and integration across KTA’s workflow while researching and proposing alternatives when necessary.
- Support organization-wide systems building and improvements (20%)
- Project manage and engage internal stakeholders on collaborative initiatives that advance our operational and administrative excellence, including maximizing access to, and use of, technology that can accelerate organizational goals.
- Process work includes but is not limited to: leading financial reconciliation, systems integration across our communications and donor management platforms, coordination of training, data management, support of day-to-day system operations, serving as a subject matter expert representing Resource Generation for ongoing CRM configuration needs.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to managing partnership relationships, adhering to project timelines, conducting research, analyzing data, generating reports, cross program communication, and providing support to the Operations Director.
- Circle and Administration (15%)
- Member of the Operations Circle, supporting the sustainability of the organization.
- Participate in a cross-organizational circle, as determined with your manager.
- Perform regular and recurring administrative tasks that support Fundraising and Communications work.
- Participate in Resource Generation meetings to support Fundraising and Communications teams with related Circle efforts.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and retreats as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
You care about our planet and our future, and you want to work in an environment that inspires you and others to action every day. You have a genuine LOVE of data integrity and databases, and bring a keen eye for detail. You love to build and refine systems so that they run smoothly, and are driven by a desire to continually improve them to meet the challenges and opportunities of the day. You are self-aware, perpetually curious, a self-starter, skilled multi-tasker, creative problem solver and collaborative team player who is comfortable working with others who possess a diversity of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience. You thrive on being able to take ownership in bringing a plan or idea into fruition. You have high emotional intelligence and ability to navigate delicate situations/relationships with grace, take responsibility for actions, learn from mistakes, and apply a growth mindset. You want to be a part of a cohesive and diverse team of co-workers that has a strong reputation for excellence. You naturally find ways to upskill others.
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, lived experiences, and background to this position, lending their flair to the trajectory of Kitchen Table Advisors. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience is preferred;
- 3+ years of database management experience, including data cleaning and analysis; familiarity with Salesforce highly preferred;
- 3+ years of project management, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and leadership;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to clearly document processes and systems;
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, Salesforce / CRM, and Adobe;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work in collaboration with others that possess a diversity of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience;
- Experience building, cultivating and navigating relationships with communities of color, BIPOC-led organizations and traditional power structures in a way that builds trust;
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- Ability to see the big picture and connect the dots, as well as get into the weeds on implementation;
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work remotely, and with comfort communicating across platforms and media;
- Demonstrated experience in sustainable food and farms and/or economic development for communities who have historically been excluded from resources and recognition within our food system;
- Demonstrates ability to learn on the job and grow with our organization, including working to identify opportunities for innovation
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Native Spanish speaker highly preferred;
- Highly motivated and flexible, with demonstrated ability to learn on the job, and identify opportunities for innovation;
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance;
- Connection to agriculture: family background or business, work experience, etc., highly preferred.
Travel and Schedule Considerations
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must possess a valid driver’s license, with access to a vehicle, for periodic travel throughout Northern California to meet with team members and partners.
- There will be occasional work responsibilities that occur during the evenings and/or weekends.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Operations-Manager-RG-Application”. All qualified candidates will be contacted via email. This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a first review date of 10/28/22:
- A cover letter describing your interest in this position and our work
Kitchen Table Advisors is a project of Multiplier, a nationally-recognized nonprofit headquartered in San Francisco, that accelerates impact for initiatives that protect and foster a healthy, sustainable, resilient, and equitable world (www.multiplier.org). Director will be an employee of Multiplier.
Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.