Kitchen Table Advisors (KTA) fuels the economic viability of sustainable small farms and ranches through practical business advising and trusted relationships. Our vision is that regenerative farmers and ranchers are thriving leaders of a vibrant, community-based economy that is rooted in equitable distribution of power and resources. Kitchen Table Advisors’ work aims to both directly support farmers and ranchers, as well as shift the ecosystem in which they operate, to be more supportive of their agricultural practices and their lived experiences. We focus our efforts on land, markets and capital, which we see as key levers of change as small sustainable farms and ranches strive towards long-term economic viability.
This is a new role for our Fundraising team, which is responsible for raising the resources through five-figure and above gifts to support our annual operating budget, as well as mobilizing resources that can directly support our clients and partners. They will:
- Design and lead the strategies in stewarding an established group of 10-20 of high-net wealth individuals who want to invest in the long-term economic viability of our region’s sustainable small farms and ranches, as well as cultivating and growing this community of partners;
- Work in close partnership with Fundraising and Communications team members to develop targeted and effective messaging that succinctly articulates KTA’s story in powerful and memorable ways;
- Collaborate with our Program team to ground in the needs of our farmers and ranchers, in order to authentically represent them in the work;
- Embody our organizational values of equity, empathy, transformational leadership, ecological responsibility, and resilience;
- Share leadership in shaping our future, through measuring impact, storytelling and organizational development.
Primary Responsibilities (What You Will Do)
- Develop and implement effective strategies, in particular 1:1 relationship building, to engage and steward individual donors, both current and prospective;
- Share the stories of KTA’s clients and organizational impact through a multitude of lenses: economic development, ecological stewardship, healthy food access, and racial justice & equity, and understand which framing will support alignment and connection with partners;
- Build, cultivate, and strengthen strategic relationships with key programmatic partners in an effort to generate collective resources for collaborative work around food systems change;
- Design and orchestrate purpose-driven events — including, but not limited to, farm tours, round-table discussions, and virtual events — that engage individuals with our programmatic work and inspire them to get involved through philanthropic giving;
- Represent Kitchen Table Advisors at external functions (e.g. conferences, networking events, etc.), and build community with values-aligned individuals;
- Conduct regular, ongoing data entry in our relationship management system, including: relationship building activities and donations, and manage regular reconciliations with our fiscal sponsor, Multiplier.
Our Ideal Candidate
You care about our planet and our future, and you want to work in an environment that inspires you and others to action every day. You are a confident and skilled strategic communicator with finely tuned business development skills and a natural bias toward creating impact. You are a comfortable, self-assured ambassador with an ability to easily garner trust that paves the way to open doors. You are self-aware, perpetually curious, a self-starter, skilled multi-tasker, creative problem solver and collaborative team player. You have high emotional intelligence and ability to navigate delicate situations/relationships with grace, take responsibility for actions, and adapt to others who have different backgrounds and experiences, learn from mistakes, and apply a growth mindset. You want to be a part of a cohesive and diverse team of co-workers that has a strong reputation for excellence. We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, lived experiences, and background to this position, lending their flair to the trajectory of Kitchen Table Advisors. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess qualifications and experience in the following areas:
Key Success Factors
- Intersectional thinker with a passion for sustainable food and farms and/or economic development for communities who have historically been excluded from resources and recognition within our food system;
- Proven track record in building relationships and inspiring people to take action; comfort soliciting five-figure or above gifts, and managing a portfolio of $1M in total gifts;
- Passion for creating opportunities for individuals to invest their wealth in meaningful and impactful ways, and a proven track record of successful fundraising;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to create persuasive proposals and donor correspondence, as well as engage effectively in person;
- Excellent project management skills, including a keen eye for detail;
- Strong collaborator: comfortable working with others that possess a diversity of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience; naturally finds ways to upskill others;
- Experience building, cultivating and navigating relationships with communities of color, BIPOC-led organizations and traditional power structures in a way that builds trust
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Native Spanish speaker highly preferred;
- Connection to agriculture: family background or business, work experience, etc., highly preferred Travel and Schedule Considerations:
- Due to the nature of this role, candidates should possess a valid drivers’ license, with access to a vehicle, for periodic travel throughout Northern California to meet with clients and partners.
- There will be occasional work responsibilities that occur during the evenings and/or weekends.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Partnership Manager Application” in the subject line.
- A cover letter describing your interest in this position and our work
- Professional writing sample
This is a full-time position, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, including the surrounding regions from Salinas to Sacramento to Sonoma. Starting salary range for this position is $80,000-88,000, commensurate with experience. All qualified candidates will be contacted via email. This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a first review date of September 7th.
Kitchen Table Advisors is a project of Multiplier, a nationally-recognized nonprofit that accelerates impact for initiatives that protect and foster a healthy, sustainable, resilient, and equitable world (www.multiplier.org). The Partnership Manager will be an employee of Multiplier.
Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Kitchen Table Advisors prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.