Oakland Office – however currently remote work due to shelter-in -place
Multiplier’s mission is to accelerate impact for initiatives focused on protecting and fostering a healthy, sustainable, resilient and equitable world. Growing threats to our planet and its people require holistic solutions, both locally and globally. The projects in our portfolio span a broad array of cross-sector strategies in land and ocean conservation, public health, education and leadership, economic development, clean energy, climate resilience, sustainable food systems, energy efficiency, social and environmental equity, and more.
We are seeking a colleague to join our downtown Oakland-based team in the newly created position of Technology Administrator & Office Manager and we are poised to hire immediately. Reporting directly to Multiplier’s Executive Director and working closely with our entire core team, the Technology Administrator & Office Manager will serve in three critical roles: (1) managing all facets of Multiplier’s technology resources for Multiplier’s Oakland-based team of 12-15 staff, (2) supporting the diverse technology-related needs of our projects, and (3) serving as the key point person for our office administration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Tech Administration –
- Serve as the primary liaison to Multiplier’s outsourced technology consultants to support the technology needs (Office 365, shared libraries and document storage system) of Multiplier’s core team of 12-15 staff members.
- Support technology transitions for new project teams and departing project teams (migrating existing domains, supporting website hosting transfers, accessing new technology resources, and other transition-related needs.).
- During new team member onboarding, provide 1:1 technology training for Multiplier’s key systems, including time reporting (Clicktime), expense reimbursement (Expensify), and intranet (Jostle). Develop training resources to shorten learning curve and streamline access.
- Office Administration –
- Serve as the key point person for building management; manage upcoming office relocations during renovations, including supporting technology transitions.
- Serve on core team internal committees, including but not limited to risk management, technology enhancements, COVID return to work planning, internal communications.
- Serve as the central hub/connector for members of the public making inquiries about Multiplier, introductions for new projects, and supporting current projects who need to access various in-office resources.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You care about our planet and our future and you want to work in an environment that inspires you and others to action every day. As a consummate juggler and plate-spinner, you wake up knowing that no day will be the same, and you are energized by the new challenges that each new day brings. You are perpetually curious and relish a diverse work life filled with new opportunities to learn and grow. While you are a self-starter and can keep track of all the balls that are in the air at any moment, you also want to be part of a broader team. You have high emotional intelligence and a low drama factor. You are tech savvy, patient, have a good sense of humor, and naturally serve as a trustworthy advisor and partner.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUESTED:
- A proven aptitude for providing technology support and training to non-technical program team members to enable them to be more efficient and productive.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an operations or other administrative role for a medium-sized business or nonprofit.
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, experiences, and background to this position, lending his/her/their flair to the trajectory of Multiplier. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- Ability to multitask and quickly assess and resolve issues, while translating complex information into concise and understandable terms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to serve internal customers with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to proactively solve complex issues and business requirements
- Ability to act in a professional manner and use appropriate judgment
Multiplier provides a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary ($55-$65K), excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous vacation and sick leave policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. First screening will start on July 29th. Send us your résumé and cover letter to “TAO@multiplier.org“ with “Technology Administrator & Office Manager” in the subject line explaining why you are interested in this position as well as Multiplier and its mission. Please describe your relevant experience, qualifications, and include your salary requirements. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.”
Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.