Conservify is an open conservation technology firm that empowers conservationists and communities to tackle environmental challenges by making effective conservation more accessible. Through the development of new technology built to disrupt the current market, Conservify is breaking new ground in the democratization of conservation activities and data.
As part of their mission to build an “open conservation” community, Conservify is currently developing an innovative new product called FieldKit, due to launch in 2020. The product is an open-source software and hardware sensor platform that optimizes data collection and sharing from the field. The product will be low cost and easy to use, and will bridge the gap between hard science and storytelling by facilitating data storytelling through engaging visualizations and built-in connections to social media. The first of its kind in the conservation space, it has the potential to revolutionize conservation technology.
Conservify is seeking a hands-on User Experience Designer with a deep understanding of web and mobile application user experience design best practices, and a strong desire to build a best-in-class product that stands out in both form and function. The candidate must be comfortable wearing multiple hats, working across the board from high level persona and user journey creation, to leading user testing workshops, through to full wireframe production. A familiarity with fabrication is preferable, due to the nature of the product spanning both software and hardware capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and a proactive problem-solver with excellent communication & organizational skills. They are confident meeting the deadlines of a fast-paced schedule and working with local and remote creative and technical teams, knowing when to drive plans and when to pivot for the best results.
They must have a passion for conservation technology, to learn and share knowledge with other team members, and to engage a passionate open source community. If you meet the below criteria and want to see your work impact positively on the environment and our planet’s natural treasures, then we want to speak with you.
Position to start immediately.
- Leads the user experience design for the website and app
- Liaises with the creative, technical and fabrication teams
- Attends regular workshops and project meetings
- Works with users to understand and meet user goals and needs
- Creates personas, user journeys, wireframes, clickable comps, mock-ups, paper prototypes to meet the creative and technical work packages
- Identifies partners for field testing and use cases – targeting different user groups
- Runs card sorting exercises, and user workshops / field testing to test and validate designs
- Documents challenges and uses them to revise plans
- Confirms final feature set and MVP with FieldKit team members
- Tests final user experience after components have been developed to ensure that it meets quality criteria
- Five+ years proven experience leading fast-paced user experience design projects for web and mobile applications, as well as print
- Experience in product design
- Experience with relevant software – Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Google Docs, Keynote
- Experience with fabrication processes
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should include: USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER POSITION. Position will remain open until filled.
Fieldkit is a program of Multiplier.
Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.