Billions of people use digital technology as a primary portal through which we work, play, live, and even love. As a result, the direction of technology profoundly impacts our individual and collective well-being at all levels. Unfortunately, technology often preys on the most vulnerable parts of human nature, and the consequences of this are increasingly in stark relief.
What can be done?
We are at a tipping point. Companies throughout the tech sector are rapidly recognizing and responding to the unintended negative consequences of technology. Many of them are developing strategies to prevent harm. In this next chapter, we have the choice to not only reduce harmful effects, but also to create technology that brings out the best in humanity.
How Mobius is meeting the challenge:
Mobius supports leaders to put the well-being of humanity at the center of technology, and is part of a growing movement towards more ethical and humane tech. They identify compassionate and brave tech leaders and provide them with access to:
- The Mobius Collective: Intimate and action-oriented communities of mission-aligned tech leaders who support each other to create a world in which technology brings out the best in humanity.
- The Mobius Council: The world’s experts on well-being who advise on tech products and strategy, spanning from senior spiritual teachers such as Jack Kornfield and Sharon Salzberg to leading neuroscientists such as Dan Seigel and Richard Davidson.
In doing so, Mobius:
- Creates greater moral courage and resilience among mission-aligned tech leaders. This gives rise to brave solutions that would not be possible otherwise.
- Creates conditions for previously disparate efforts to improve tech’s impact on our humanity to become far greater than the sum of their parts.
- Catalyzes measurable, positive and scaled impacts on endemic challenges such as loneliness, addiction, and anxiety.
This manifests concrete, bold strategies that begin to create a world in which technology brings out the best in humanity.